Top 5 Best Shoes for Waitressing – Buyer’s Guide and Reviews 2017
Waitressing is one of the oldest and most straining professions since the modern age and it has become one of the top professions for making quick money. Many students choose this route in order to pay off students loans and also to sustain them while they are studying.
But life as a waitress can be hard when it comes to being on your feet all day. Without the right shoes, your feet will kill you during those busy rush hours and many people will then start looking for different shoes. We have set out to find the best shoes for waitressing, to help you earn more money and have a more comfortable working experience.
Before we look at the top shoes for waitressing, there a few things you need to take note off. Not only are there a few features to look for, but there are also specific ways to ensure that you are purchasing a quality product. We will look at all of these:
1. SRM600 SR Max Rialto - Best Bang for the Buck
3. Skechers Soft Stride-Softie - Best of the Best
5. Skechers Sure Track - Editor's Choice
Shoes for Waitressing Buyer's Guide
How to Choose the Best Shoes for Waitressing:
Certain aspects of the job need to be taken into account to ensure that you buy the best type of shoes. These aspects are really important and once you understand the fundamentals of your job, you will be more reluctant to make the best choice for your feet:
- Work Hours: Waitressing is a job that requires you to work different shifts or in certain cases, it can be all day. The type of shoe needs to be able to withstand the impact and pressure. The shoe should also provide you some comfort to keep you going.
- Work Environment: The work environment varies in different restaurants and each place has its own rules when it comes to serving customers. Your shoes will need to adhere to the code of conduct and still look neat and stylish for you to get more tips and look more professional.
- Walking Surface: The walking surface will become very important when you take into account the heavy plates and trays full of drinks that need to be carried. One slip can cost you a few bucks off your tips and therefore the grip should be made for the walking surface.
- Kitchen Area: Closed shoes are always recommended in the kitchen. The reason for this is the hot oil that will be worked with. This can do extreme damage to your feet and therefore, you need to keep your feet protected.
By following these four workplace issues, you should know how to choose the shoes that will get the job done, but not only is buying process about getting the job done, but also looking for certain features that will make life better for you. We have compiled a list of features you need to look for in waitressing shoes and to give you optimal value for your hard-earned cash:
Top Features to Look for in Waitressing Shoes
You'd think that any shoe will get the job done if they adhere to the job requirements, but this is not the case and sometimes the cheapest shoes will get the job done, but leave you in excruciating pain. We have determined the features that will make life easier and more affordable for you.
- Durability: Because waiters only receive a small wage and tips, it is imperative to have strong shoes. The stronger and more durable the shoes, the less money you need to spend on new shoes every few months. The shoes should also withstand accidents as they can become common while waitressing.
- Style: Having good style can earn you more money and give you a better chance of paying those student loans, but you need to ensure that the shoes meet the code of conduct of your job as well.
- Comfort: The inner sole is really important when we look at waiters and the amount of time they spend on their feet. Not everyone can stand on their feet for 8-12 hours and therefore, comfort is important. When fatigue hits the other waiters, you will be able to rise above and make that extra cash.
- Slip-Resistant: Working in a dangerous environment, full of spills and splashes can be daunting and without the right grip, you will be sliding all over the place. By having a better outsole, you will be able to work much harder and not need to worry about being careful around every turn.
We highly recommend that you ensure these features are in your waitressing shoes, not only will you be able to work more prolonged hours and make more money, but you will be able to work more comfortably and keep that all-important smile going in the culinary industry.
So now let's take a look at what benefits the best waitressing shoes will offer you. These benefits are definitely huge in our opinion and we believe that having more cash in your pocket, will be important to you too.
Benefits Offered by These Shoes
- Allow You to Work Longer Hours: First of all, you will be able to work longer hours at a time and this will allow you to make more money. Having more money will be great for your future. Students will be able to pay back student loans much faster and permanent waiters could rely on fewer shifts to make ends meet. Having money in your pocket is really important in this day and age.
- No More Pain: I have been a waiter once and any old or current waiter will tell you how tough a double or longer shift can be. The work does put a lot of strain on your joints and your feet, but with the best shoes, these could all be subdued. You will now be able to keep rocking that smile for longer periods in your shift.
- Save Money: Buying shoes every few months can become expensive and many waiters believe that you need to buy cheap and often, but that is not the case. Your feet are one of the tools you use to do the job and you can invest in your feet. Buying better shoes can be a long-term investment and you will be able to save money.
These benefits are great for waiters and you can have all of them by investing in your feet. Now, we have chosen 5 shoes that have been tested and we believe they are great for waitressing. Many others did not make the list for certain reasons, but these really adhere to our above-mentioned code of conducts.
With that being said, let’s look at the top 5 best waitress shoes.
Top 5 Best Shoes For Waitressing 2017
1. SRM600 SR Max Rialto Women's Black Slip Resistant Athletic Sneaker - Best Bang for the Buck
Generally, athletic sneakers can be kind of expensive, but not this pair. The sneakers have been carefully designing to allow for an easy fit to waiters and the added ability to quickly slip off the shoes in your break. The outer material has been created to withstand some of the impact associated with men's shoes and this only enhances the durability.
The inner sole is moldable to your feet and it can also be easily removed for a quick wash, thus ensuring that your shoes always smell fresh and that you have the best comfort possible to get you through those longer days.
Furthermore, the shoes are lightweight to limit fatigue and to allow you more mobility for moving around quickly between tables.
Finally, the shoes also have a durable rubber grip to help you withstand those slippery surfaces and to save you from dropping food or drinks.
We highly recommend these shoes to waiters working longer hours and looking for more comfort at an affordable price.
- Man-made durability
- Extremely comfortable inner sole
- Easy to wash and limit odors
- Great for mobility and reducing fatigue
- Only available in one color and style
Designed from various synthetic materials this shortcut shoe will be great for waitressing. Not only is the shoe extremely durable, but it has the capabilities of resisting most things the restaurant industry can throw at it. The shoe is close at the front and this will keep oil and water spillages from getting on the inside and hurting your feet.
Furthermore, memory foam has been used in the inner sole. This will allow the foot to mold to the shape of your feet and keep that shape for as long as you wear them, making the shoes great for pronated and supinated feet and ensuring that comfort is present all around.
Furthermore, the shoes have a durable rubber sole for promoting great grip and also giving you versatility in both the kitchen and the front of house.
We really like the style and the comfortable fit promoted by the laces and we highly recommend these shoes for waiters who work in volatile and slippery environments.
These shoes should ensure that your tips increase and you are able to work faster and more diligently.
- Great for versatility
- Extremely fashionable style
- Soft fabric lining to help reduce abrasions
- The shoes are expensive
3. Skechers for Work Women's Soft Stride-Softie Slip Resistant Lace-Up - Best of the Best
Next is one of the cheaper Skechers shoes that also greatly improve the comfort of waitressing. The shoes are slip resistant in most situations and surfaces and the synthetic exterior will definitely improve the protection that your feet have.
The laces are quite easy to use and they will give you a tougher, but more comfortable fit and allow you more time to run around between the tables.
The shoes also feature an expandable exterior design and this should be great for people with wider feet.
No longer will your shoes tear from this, but they will promote comfort and the athletic interior cushion will mold to the shape of your feet to help promote more comfort and adjust the fitting for people with pronated and supinated feet. These shoes are stylish and can be used for multiple other activities as well and the slip-resistant sole will ensure you never fall.
We highly recommend these shoes for fast and adventurous waiters.
These shoes are comfortable to wear and they will ensure that you never fall while stepping through those kitchen messes. The shoes are also some of the most affordable from a trusted brand to give you great value.
- Extremely versatile and affordable
- Stylish and comfortable
- Slip resistant through oily surfaces
- Best of the best shoes for servers
- Only available in one color and style
4. Townforst® Women's Slip and Oil Resistant Jess Work Shoes No Slip Shoes
Slips on shoes are not only in style with modern clothing sensations, but they also make it easy for waiters to give their feet a break during those valuable lunch times.
These Townfrost shoes are not only durable and slip resistant, but they also have a softer exterior rubber sole for resisting impact. The impact resistance should be great for waiters who need to climb up and down stairs.
Inside, you will be treated to a moldable cushioned footbed. This should take the shape of your foot and maintain it throughout the working time and the rest of the cushions will provide comfort.
The shoes are also lightweight and flexible and they will be great for larger working areas as they promote mobility and versatility.
Finally, the shoes are definitely high-quality and you will not ever find authentic leather for this cheap a price.
We highly recommend these for waitressing that need to climb stairs and also those who work in bigger open spaces with more tables.
- Authentic leather at an affordable price
- Durable design
- Comfortable footbed
- Slip and impact resistant outsole
- Lack of inner lining could lead to abrasions
The Skechers Sure track shoe for women is another one of their creative concepts that will promote comforting and versatility in the waitressing industry.
The shoes have been constructed from durable leather and this will help protect your feet from the outside and resist those hot oil spills. The rubber outer sole will promote better traction and you need not worry about slipping and falling with heavy trays and plates of food.
The shoes are also slip on and this will make them easy to put on and take off and the thin design has been carefully stitched to allow more mobility for your feet. This means that you will no longer need to worry about the shoes hurting your feet when working longer hours.
Finally, the shoes are fitted with moldable athletic cushions and these will comfortably mold to the shape of your feet. The moldable insole will also make the shoes great for people with pronated and supinated feet and the cushioning will naturally heal your feet as fatigue starts setting in. This will allow you to work longer hours and ultimately make more money when the other waiters start to tire.
We recommend these shoes for any waitressing environment (restaurant or bar)and they will be great for large spaces and stairs as well. But, they will also be great for everyday use.
- Durable and lightweight
- Leather construction
- Slip resistant outsole
- Versatile walking experience
- Great for multifunctional use
- These shoes are not cheap