Best Shoes for Servers: Top 5 Options to Consider 2017
Working as a server – food server to be exact – is physically and emotionally draining. Your job does not only require you to provide a high level of customer service each time. You also need to spend too many hours on your feet.
That said, you need a good buddy that can protect your feet from discomfort, and possible aches and pains. That’s possible by investing in the best shoes for servers. Finding the ideal shoes for your job is crucial in boosting your productivity and making you feel comfortable all throughout your shift.
Benefits of Wearing the Best Server Shoes
There are plenty of reasons why you should buy a shoe designed specifically for servers. You can’t just invest in a regular footwear, as one specially designed for the job can also offer the following benefits:
1. Keeps you Safe
With the right shoes, you will feel confident about your safety. The restaurant floors and corridors may be easy to maintain and clean but sometimes, they’re unforgiving. Any spills or stains can put you at risk of being in an accident.
Finding good shoes designed for servers is also the key to keeping you comfortable the entire day. You will no longer have to worry about excessive fatigue and pains, especially on your feet.
3. Improves your Productivity
It is because you no longer have to think about what you’re wearing. It lessens the challenges involved in your job. In fact, you’ll feel like your work is easier to do, thereby boosting your productivity. You can focus more on delivering your services.
Aside from the mentioned benefits, a good pair of server shoes is also durable, cost-effective, and can help prevent potential accidents.
Factors to Consider in Buying Server Shoes
Ensure that the entire shoe is very comfortable to wear. To check whether a shoe is comfortable enough, assess its overall construction and fit. It should also combine features that perfectly fit your personal preferences.
Comfy server shoes nowadays feature interior padding, contoured design, memory foam insoles, extra cushion, a bit higher heel, and thick platforms. Ensure that all the mentioned features are present as these are indicators of the ability of the footwear to give you comfort.
2. Dress Code
Of course, you also need to comply with your workplace’s dress code, so this should also contribute to your decision. Make sure that your chosen footwear perfectly fits what is acceptable in the place you’re working.
The shoe should also be stylish enough but make sure it’s not too loud. The style should perfectly fit your working environment. For instance, if you are presently working in a more upscale company, then a loafer or wingtip is an ideal option for you.
On the other hand, if you’re working in a more casual restaurant, then a wise choice is an oxford or sneaker.
You may prioritize the price when searching for a good server shoe but it is also crucial to spend time assessing the quality of your options. Pick one, which is constructed out of the best materials. It should be durable enough that it will serve you for a long time.
A good pair of server shoes is one with proper traction and slip-resistant features. It should be able to protect you from falls and slips.If possible, go for one, which comes with a tread specifically designed to grip on oil-slicked and greasy surfaces. It should also protect you from workplace hazards.
Since your job requires you to stand, walk or move around a lot, make sure that the shoe fits you perfectly. You’ll know that it fits perfectly if the toe box does not pinch and if the shoe, itself, does not slip on the heel.
Top 5 Best Shoes for Servers 2017
1. Skechers for Work Women's Sure Track Erath Athletic Lace Slip Resistant Boot
If you’re searching for the best server shoes, then nothing can beat this lace slip-resistant shoe from Skechers. What I love about this shoe is that despite being made for women, it still features a sporty style. It can keep you feel safe and comfortable the entire day with its relaxed fit nature.
The relaxed fit feature integrated into the shoe provides more room for your foot to move around and breathe with ease. It features a memory foam cushion, which is also a good thing if you really want to stay comfortable.
It is also one of the most stylish shoes from Skechers. It has an upper made of smooth leather and features a lace-up and sporty design. Aside from that, you will notice its stitching accents, as well as its memory foam insole. Also, it has a padded collar and tongue, which provides safety and protection.
This shoe also features a classic embossed S logo, which you can easily find at the back. Furthermore, it has a soft fabric lining, a pull tab found at the heel, which you can use to easily put it on and take it off, and a FlexSole midsole, which features excellent shock absorption.
- Stylish with its sporty and lace-up design – Added features in the design are the stitching accents
- Offers a high level of protection with its padded collar and tongue
- Has a relaxed fit, ensuring that the toe box has enough room for you to move around
- Has a slip resistant and shock absorption feature
- Promotes an adjustable and customizable fit with its traditional lace-up closure
- Quite too narrow at the tip
- Needs a few days to break in
2. Skechers for Work Women's Sure Track Trickel Slip Resistant Shoe
Skechers is a popular brand and it continues to share stylish and great-performing shoes to the public. That said, I can give you some sort of assurance that its Sure Track Trickle Slip-resistant shoe will work for you, especially if you’re working as a server.
It is mainly made of smooth and solid leather. It also has a lace-up casual design. Despite being made for women, I love how rugged the shoe looks, providing a guarantee that it’s sturdy enough to work for a long time.
Aside from that, you will notice the mini-perforated panels on the side. Such panels provide cooling effects, improving the ventilation and breathability of the shoe. It has removable comfort insoles topped with memory foam cushion.
Furthermore, it has a durable and synthetic sole. You will also notice its slip-resistant outsole, which is a good thing if you constantly work under oily and wet conditions. The fact that the shoe is EH (electric hazard) rated also further improves its ability to keep you safe.
- Constructed out of smooth and solid leather, making the shoe comfortable to wear without sacrificing durability
- Has a slip-resistant feature, which works on both oily and wet conditions
- Features a lace-up casual design
- Has mini-perforated panels on the side, providing the right cooling effects that aid in making the shoe more breathable
- Electrical hazard rated
- Construction is a bit stiff
- Heavier than initially expected but rest assured that you’ll get used to it in time
3. Merrell Jungle Moc Pro Grip Work Shoe
Another shoe that I will highly recommend if you’re planning to invest in the best server shoes is the Merrel Jungle Moc Pro Grip Shoe for both men and women. What I love about this footwear is that it combines almost everything you need from it, including its waterproof leather exteriors and impressive stitches.
Another positive trait of this shoe is that it is easy to put on and take off. Also, I believe that its main selling point is the high-quality midsole and raised heel. These combined features produce a shoe, which works perfectly for long shifts, even those that are over ten hours.
Furthermore, the shoe boasts of its plenty of safety features. You will instantly notice its non-slip sole, which you can expect to hold up to various surfaces, even wet and slippery ones.
Another nice feature is the waterproof leather material used in the shoe. With this material, it’s possible for you to use it on all kinds of floor. It’s also durable, making it ideal for use on restaurants.
- Exteriors are made of waterproof leather, making it highly durable for use on all kinds of floor
- Easy to wear and take off
- High-quality midsole and raised heel, both of which can handle long shifts
- Comes with a supportive and well-cushioned platform
- Has a soft inner lining, which ensures that your feet stays refreshed and free of fatigue
- Not ideal for use around heavy objects and exposed nails as it lacks protection for those risks
4. Skechers for Work Men's Rockland Systemic Slip Resistant Lace-Up Shoe
This lace-up shoe from Skechers should also be part of your options as it is ideal for workers – particularly servers. I highly recommend this shoe because it is systematic in such a way that it works well for your nine-to-five job and beyond.
I would like to highlight the upper of the shoe, which is constructed out of smooth leather. Also, it features a classic lace-up style. If you’re a stylish person, then you’ll also love the sleek overlays integrated into the shoe.
Another notable feature is its cushioned insole. It has a contour, which prevents any form of discomfort when wearing it.
It also comes with a sole made of slip-resistant rubber. This specific feature provides your soles with ample support while also ensuring that you’ll feel safe the entire day.
This classic pair of leather shoes also has other useful features including the adequate heels, black laces, slip-resistant outsole, and removable cushioned insole. It is both stylish and functional as it helps avoid accidental slips without compromising your style.
- Promotes a good combination of style and comfort
- Constructed out of strong materials, making it capable of handling various work environments while also lasting for a long time
- Has a non-slip treads pattern, which works well on greasy or wet quarry tile and concrete
- Has soles that can prevent grease and moisture from being absorbed underneath
- Leather material easily conforms to the shape of your feet
- Takes time to break in
5. Skechers for Work Men's Solace Slip Resistant Shoe
Skechers continues to wow the public with this Solace slip-resistant shoe for men. It is one of its most comfortable footwear. It is made of genuine leather, which you can expect to withstand even the harshest conditions.
The rubber sole integrated into the shoe also further improves its ability to provide wearers with utmost comfort. Extra comfort can further be expected from its padded collar and tongue.
Another feature worth noting from this slip-resistant shoe offered by Skechers is the removable 6-mm contoured insole made of memory foam. The fact that the shoe is orthotic-friendly also means that it can prevent discomfort and other aches and pains.
Furthermore, it is slip-resistant. This can provide some sort of assurance that you’ll stay safe even if you use it on oily and wet surfaces.
- Guaranteed to provide comfort to users
- Made of genuine and sturdy leather
- Features a rubber outsole, padded collar and tongue – all of which further improve the ability of the shoe to offer comfort
- A bit tighter than other Skechers models
Finding the best shoes for servers is no longer that challenging with this comprehensive buying guide. You can use all the information stated here to pick the one, which can really withstand the demands of your job.