Give Me 2 Minutes and I’ll Show You How To Choose The Best Composite Toe Work Boots 2017
Who here works on an outdoor site? If you said you do, then you know the importance of having the best composite toe work boots. It is more than just a pair of work boots, it has the safety of a composite toe. They are vital for safety and that is why you search high and low for them.
1. Keen Utility Davenport Mid Wp - Best of the Best
2. Wolverine Corsair 6" CT - Editor's Choice
3. Irish Setter Wingshooter ST-83632 - Editor's Choice
6. Carhartt CMF6366 6 Inch - Best Bang for the Buck
8. Wolverine Legend 6 Inch - Hot New Product
Composite Toe Boot Buyer's Guide
How to Choose the Best Composite Toe Work Boots?
Choosing composite toe work boots is the same as choosing any other kind of boot. You are looking for a brand you trust and a boot that feels good on your foot all day.
I know that when I purchase a pair of Clark’s or a pair of New Balance shoes that I am going to get a shoe that fits my foot perfectly and that I can wear them all day without having any issues. It should be the same for your favourite shoe brands. Each foot is unique so each brand feels differently to each person.
When it comes to a composite toe work boot, you need to make sure that your foot will be comfortable all day upon wearing. You want to make sure that the boots have a strong shaft that will support your ankles and calves all day and that the foot bed is comfortable enough that you will not be spending lots of extra money on orthotics.
Finally, the composite toe has to be safe and sound. You do not want it to be brittle as it could cause more harm than good on your foot and toes in particular. '
Remember, this is not steel, but composite made with a hard plastic. It will keep your foot safe without the weight. That is why we purchase composite toe work boots.
What Are the Advantages and Benefits of A Composite Toe?
The advantages of a composite toe work boot is that it is not as heavy as a steel toe, but has all of the safety that the steel toe has to offer. It is made of composite and plastic so it is safe, but light in weight. You cannot beat a composite toe in your work boot.
Also keep in mind that if the composite toe breaks, it is just plastic and it will not hurt as much as crushed steel over your toes. The steel will bend and it will be more difficult to get your toes out of.
Many of my friends who wear the most comfortable work boots will not purchase steel toe boots for that reason. They cherish their toes too much.
Things to Look for and Attributes that Differentiate Composite Toe Work Boots
Look for a brand that you trust. Since I do not wear work boots for a living, I tend to ask friends who do. They have their brand that they trust and will not stray from it. They know they fit them perfectly and what to expect from them.
Some friends prefer CATs while other friends prefer Tim’s. It just depends on the person and what type of work they do. Remember, what works for one person may not work for the other.
What’s the Best Way to Use this Product?
The only way to use this product is to wear it on site. You get the best feel for the boots and see how the boots perform. Other ways you can use these work boots is to do yard work, shovel snow and basically do anything outdoors. This time of year is what composite toe work boots is made for.
Top 8 Best Composite Toe Work Boots 2017
1. Keen Utility Davenport Mid Waterproof Industrial and Construction Shoe - Best of the Best
The leather and textile construction is one of the most endearing features of the Keen Utility Davenport Mid Waterproof Industrial and Construction Shoe for men in my opinion. It is a high-quality composite toe work boot designed to give wearers protection. Such is possible with its right and left asymmetrical composite toe cap.
It also sports a breathable and waterproof membrane. With that, I can say that your feet can breathe inside no matter how tough your work environment is. In addition, they can also stay dry even if you are exposed to wet environments. It has a shaft, which is around six inches from the arch.
The rubber sole is a big advantage as it helps make sure that the wearers will be comfortable. Another thing that is worthy to highlight about this product is the Cleansport NXT. Such feature is a nice addition to the footwear as it promotes natural odor control.
With the rubber sole, which is also popular for being non-marking and slip and oil-resistant, you can also free yourself from many worries, especially when it comes to facing accidents and injuries in the workplace. It has a hundred percent non-metallic construction, too, making it possible for you to enjoy it while being protected.
However, there are those who are hoping that the boot is wider so they can feel more comfortable. The ankle padding also needs a bit of wearing to make it hassle-free to wear.
- Leather and textile construction, which is both comfortable and durable
- High-quality composite toe cap, which can offer protection
- Highly breathable
- Features a waterproof membrane
- Sports the Cleansport NXT, which is beneficial since it controls odor naturally
- Sole is slip and oil-resistant, keeping you safe in the workplace
- Not wide enough for some wearers
- Slight wearing needed for the ankle padding to improve its comfort
2. Wolverine Corsair 6" CT Work Boot - Editor's Choice
I think that the Wolverine Corsair 6-inch CT Work Boot also deserves a spot in any review for the best composite toe work boots. I specifically like the toughness of the leather material and the high-quality construction used in this shoe. With that, I am sure that this work boot will last for several years.
I think one of its most impressive features is the waterproof upper made of full-grain leather. It is durable enough plus it is capable of providing sealed-tight securing outside. With that, there is no need for you to worry too much about exposing yourself to rainy conditions.
The sole is made of rubber. There are also multi-shock compression pads molded in it. Adding those features is beneficial as this helps ensure the proper absorption of shocks, thereby protecting your entire feet. The mesh linings are also great features integrated into the footwear as they help manage moisture.
Such helps ensure that your feet will stay dry. No need to complain about sweating or wet feet. In terms of comfort, I can say that this work boot does a good job since it has a removable footbed with full cushion. It features a multi-shox contour welt construction, as well.
Expect to have an easier time handling highly abrasive conditions, too, since this shoe has a built-in Armortek guard. However, the first few days when you use this shoe might cause you to experience the safety toe cap rubbing on your toes. It is uncomfortable but breaking it in will solve the issue.
- Tough leather construction, making the shoe long-lasting
- Features a waterproof upper
- Rubber sole, which is comfortable and secure enough
- Shock-absorbent – thanks to the multi-shock compression pads integrated into sole
- Mesh linings are designed to manage moisture
- Suitable for use even in highly abrasive conditions – thanks to its Armortek guard
- Safety toe cap tends to rub on the toes but only during the first few days
3. Irish Setter Wingshooter ST-83632 Work Boot - Editor's Choice
Irish Setter Wingshooter ST-83632 Work Boot is also a great option for anyone who is hunting for the best composite toe work boot. Also made of leather while having a rubber sole, I think it is effective as far as durability and functionality are concerned. It takes pride in its UltraDry construction.
This specific feature has a combination of a moisture-management lining as well as waterproof components. The result is long-lasting and dry comfort and performance, especially during the hours when you are still doing your job. The safety toe cap is also a big plus.
It is beneficial in the sense that it lets you handle work hazards effortlessly. You can protect your feet in case of falling heavy objects. In addition, the composite toe cap is effective in handling compression and impact. It is also highly protective as it can resist electric hazards as well as heat.
Another impressive feature in this footwear is the heat-resistant outsole. Such outsole can be expected to perform well even if you expose it to surfaces with high heat. This can prevent the shoe from melting even if exposed to environments that are up to 475 degrees F in temperature.
It also sports the brand’s iconic amber leather, making it look really appealing. It is lightweight while also boasting of its roomy toe protection. The leather material used in the footwear also softens up quickly and nicely. There is also a padded tongue and collar, which can cushion your ankle.
As for the downsides, one thing I noticed is that it lacks ankle support a bit. The additional room inside the footwear might also cause rubbing on certain parts of your feet if yours are not wide. Wearing a thicker pair of socks can solve this issue, though.
- Highly durable and functional – thanks to the leather construction
- Offers protection from falling heavy objects
- Can handle impact and compression
- Features a heat-resistant outsole
- Sports a roomy toe protection
- Padded tongue and collar, which is effective in cushioning your ankle
- Lacking in ankle support
- Might require you to wear thick socks, especially if you don’t have wide feet, to prevent the risk of rubbing some parts of your feet on the shoes
These boots look as though they were made for the Army rather than for the work site, but do not let that fool you. They are made of both leather and textile and have a rubber sole. They are a lace up boot that has ribbed sides, a padded collar and also for safety a high traction outsole. There is also a side zipper for easy on and off.
These boots are not lightweight, but they are also not heavy due to the composite toe. They will keep your feet safe and your calves and ankles well supported. You can even wear them doing yard work, hiking and other outdoor activities outside of work.
- Rubber outsoles are Slip, oil, heat, abrasion - resistant
- EVA Midsole for comfort
- Composite toe rated and electrical hazard protection
- Have potential to last for over 5 years
- Do not require a lot of extra care - no extra cleaning from getting them dirty. You can wear them in mud, dirt, snow, sand, paint and oil and you just need to hose them down and allow them to air dry
- Many men in the military wear these boots so you do not need to work in construction to own them
- Not Waterproof
- Some colours are not the same as what is shown online. They differ a bit
5. Timberland PRO 6” TiTAN Composite Safety-Toe Work Boot
Sorry Timberland, these may be great composite toe work boots, but they look as though they were designed with senior citizens in mind. I tend to think that way when I see work boots that are all black and made of leather. Their only saving grace is that they are also available in brown as well.
These work boots are made of leather and have a rubber sole in which I think is best for work boots (just an opinion). They have a lace up design with PowerFit comfort system that has a padded collar along with the TiTan safety toe that is specific to Timberland work boots.
Timberland work boots are also breathable and have a moisture wicking lining thus eliminating stinky feet and smelly work boots. Thank goodness for that! They also contain an OrthoLite foot bed that has Dryz Intellitemp X-Static expertise for dampness management and even temperature decree.
And finally, as with many work boots by Timberland they have a Pro Rubber slip resistant outsole which means no falling in the wet weather or wet work sites.
- The safety is second to none
- Slip resistant outsole
- Keeps feet dry and gets rid of any smell from moisture and sweaty feet
- Has a padded collar
- Has a PowerFit comfort system
- OrthoLite foot bed
- They have a 30 day guarantee
- They look like old people boots
- Not Waterproof
6. Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot - Best Bang for the Buck
Now this is what a composite toe work boot should look like. It is a beautiful brown oil tanned leather and has a sturdy looking sole. They go perfectly with jeans and have a clean yet rugged look to them. If purchasing boots on looks, I am already sold.
Now let’s get down to the real business. These are made of 100% leather and have a rubber sole which is great for safety. These boots are extremely durable and can go from work to play easily.
They are made of full grain leather upper with a tie closure. The tong and collar are well padded and have a lightweight EVA midsole and even OrthoLite insole so there is plenty of cushioning for all day wear 12 months out of the year.
These boots are my favourite best composite toe work boots thus far. Just make sure you wear good socks with them to keep your feet warm in the cooler temperatures.
- Rugged looking
- Contain OrthoLite insole and a lightweight EVA midsole
- Tong and collar are well padded for extra comfort and support
- Can be worn from hiking to work to yard work and everything in between
- Water resistant - first one we have seen on the list thus far
- If you want them waterproof, you need to spray them before going out
7. Timberland PRO Men's 6" Boondock Comp-Toe Industrial Work Boot
Timberland nailed the look of what the most comfortable composite toe work boots should look like. They are rugged and are also able to go from work site to work at home. They will also look great picking things up around town as well. Do not underestimate these Timberland boots.
These composite toe work boots are made of leather and have a synthetic sole, which is not my favourite kind of sole. They have a shaft that is 6 ½ inches from the arch and have a lace up design. The work boots are insulated (400g) and they do have the composite safety toe which is key.
The collar is padded and they also feature silver tone eyelet hardware to make them look sharper. These work boots are actually waterproof leather along with a waterproof membrane for added abrasion defiance.
- Have a Timberland PRO rubber toe protector that increases abrasion resistance and durability
- Have a smart look to them
- Have an exclusive fingertip pull on feature to make putting your boots on easier
- Insole isn’t great so not a good shoe for long periods of time
If you are looking for a work shoe, then this shoe is for you. Wolverine’s make phenomenal shoes and I should know because I like this brand. They lasted for an entire year which is a long time for a kid, and they are super comfortable and have plenty of support.
These Wolverine’s are made of leather and have the all-important leather sole. They are a relaxed fit shoe and also have removable OrthoLite cushioned footbed so you can wear them for 12 hours a day and your feet will not be in pain when you take them off.
- Slip resistant sole and meet ASTM standard F2413-11 M I/75 C75 EH
- Sole is fine in wet and oily surfaces
- 100% Waterproof and durable leather
- One of the best composite toe work boots 2017
You probably already know which work boot I am going to choose. Yes, it is the Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot. This is what the best composite toe work boots should look like.
It is a beautiful brown oil tanned leather and has a sturdy looking sole. They go perfectly with jeans and have a clean yet rugged look to them. They are also water resistant which is good enough for me.